A

Monday, January 12, 2015

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Re: multiple images per page



Thanks to those who replied.

Since I posted that, a few weeks ago, I realized that by sizing my new PS canvas at 8.5X11 inches, I *already* had an image larger than the printable area. The printer won't print on the full 8.5X11 inches of the paper size. It reserves 0.2 inches margin on all sides. I went ahead and printed anyway, and everything worked out perfectly fine. The"cropping" referred to in the error message was just Photo Shop's "cropping" of the area which the printer wouldn't print anyway.

So - all's well, and the answer was very simple, once I thought of it.

Bill

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM, pjschleitwilerfcm@yahoo.com [photoshop-beginners] <photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

"I started out by resizing my test image to 4X6 and creating a new canvas at 8.5X11 size. Then I selected my image, pasted it onto the canvas, and used the Move tool to move it into the upper right corner. After that point, I'm stuck. I get the message that the image is too large for the paper, whether I select "portrait" or "landscape" orientation."

What margins are set for your 8.5X11 page? Moving the 4X6 image into the corner puts it outside the printable area. That could result in a "too large" error message.
Gott segnt Sie immer, alle Wege,
Paul




__._,_.___

Posted by: bill hansen <billhansen2008@gmail.com>


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/




__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment