A

Friday, October 5, 2012

Re: [photoshopgroup] saving history

 


although there is a "save History Log" option in the Preferences, this may not be what you are looking for.  It sounds like you want to be able to work on a file, save it, close it, then reopen it later with the same history states available.

PS does not save history states between saves.  The best thing that you can do in this case is to work in layers -- make a new layer for every edit, use lots of adjustment layers, etc.  Make your layer names descriptive, so you know what you did on that layer.  You can also save each major edit with a new file name, thus making it easier to go back to a previous state.



Hope that helps-- John


On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Julia van der Wyk <squirl@thegrid.net> wrote:
 

What about saving snapshots of your work at different stages? Then you can click back and view what was going on at that point. (I believe. I rarely use this feature).


Julia v.


Ferlito/van der Wyk
Website Design and Development





On Oct 5, 2012, at 12:34 PM, cloudyvalleynursery wrote:

 

I am hoping someone on this list can help me with a very frustrating problem. I make lots of changes to my graphics using tools and filters and I would like to save the history of those changes when I save the file. After saving and closing a file, I usually cannot remember exactly what I did to the image. So far, I have not found any way to do a save that will bring up my previous history list when I reopen the file after saving it. Is there any way to do this?
Kathy G





--
Go here to learn more about me:  http://about.me/john.onorato

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Group Rules: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshopgroup/files/!GroupRules
To Post, email: photoshopgroup@yahoogroups.com  
To unsubscribe, email: photoshopgroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment