A

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

RE: [photoshop-beginners] Lr4



They are not competing programs, they do very different, yet similar things. Lightroom’s catalog beats Bridge hands down, especially if you have a LOT of files. PS is best for compositing, manipulating images.  Lightroom is a digital darkroom for processing photos, primarily from raw. One important note, EVERYTHING in Lightroom is non-destructive. No matter what you do to an image you can always get back to the original.  I have started using Lightroom as the frontend to PS.  When I want to work on any images, I locate them in Lightroom and from there and work on them in PS.  What I really like, is that when I close the image in PS, it is entered in Lightroom as  a new image rather than replacing the one I sent to PS.  Again, the non-destructive philosophy of Lightroom. After a I finish a photography session, I load the images into Lightroom and start tagging them there, it is a lot easier there than in Bridge. If you can afford it get them both.

 

JohnW

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rijo
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:26 PM
To: 923 photoshop
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Lr4

 



Is there anything I can do in Lightroom 4 that I cannot do in CS5 extended?
rj





__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment