A

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Delete XMP Files?



Don, not at all like you experienced.  You work at your own pace with lessons provided one at a time.  Success is evaluated and or coached by moderater whom answers questions, etc (I love mine).  You can take as long as you want to do a lesson (which you can print for reference) but just let them know once a month you're still in the group.  Did I also mention there's another Yahoo group that graduates get in and share, share, share.  It was too busy for me just yet as I didn't know what they referred to.  There are 3 levels - beginner, intermediate & advanced w/25 lessons each, and exams at end of each level.  Did I mention it's FREE!  They all love what they do & learn and want to share and meet others like-minded.  I love it myself.  Yes, up to now it's been mostly graphics tools.  At first I wanted photo editing too, but can see what I'm learning can & will be useful on photos.  If you want I'll find the list of lesson titles that might give you more info, but recommend you contact the group and ask them your questions too.  They're very friendly & helpful.  If it's not your cup of tea you can always leave the group.  Both are listed in Yahoo groups under edit, editing, photo editing, etc.  Let me know anything else I can help with.     Trish
trishebear, teller of teddybear tales
Photos By TrisheBear
My Silent Testimony To the Stubborn Endurance
and
Ultimate Beauty in Life.

From: Don <y-groups.96705@hawaiiantel.net>
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:22 AM
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Delete XMP Files?

 
Tish

I checked out the Yahoo group "Learning Photoshop" about 18 months ago.  Very rigid schedule for how long you had to complete assignments.  Worse than graduate level classes in college.  Couldn't get the first one in on time so was kicked out.  Also they provided links to bootleg software sites where you could download photoshop for free.

"Learning PS for all" looks like "Learning PS" repackaged.

I'll be upgrading to PS-CS6 soon and have a couple questions about "Learning PS for all".  Are there time limits on getting assignments in?  Is it all graphics (not my forte) or do they get into photo editing?

Don at 21.9N 159.6W
PS-CS3 & LR-3
Mac Pro 2 x 2.93 GHz

On Jul 17, 2012, at 14:12, trish satkofsky wrote:



Clay, before you sign up for lynda.com ck out LVS Online.  There might be something there she is interested in and if she's interested in CS5 (and soon CS6) ck out Yahoo group;  Learning PS For All.  You get sent explicit lessons, do them, send them to a moderator, then get the next lesson.  It's free and there's 3 levels w/25 lessons each you work at your own speed.  You can print the lessons for review.  At this point (lesson 12) it's mostly been graphics.  Try it.  I don't think it's OK to send a lesson sample, but look up Yahoo groups and ask.     Trish
 





__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment