A

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Technical question



If you still have your registration keycode and the .exe file (or the disc) for installation, I think your best course is to uninstall PS and reinstall it. If you have made a number of Actions or presets for PS, be sure to save them to another folder before uninstalling. (You can easily Google how to do this).

If You've lost your .exe file, as I did, you're probably skunked, and you'll be forced into PS CC, as I was. It's actually not the worst of all worlds - $108/year will bring you both PS CC and LR CC.

Bill Hansen

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 AM, rich.crowell1@gmail.com [photoshop-beginners] <photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 


I have had Photoshop CS6 for a few years but have never mastered it.  I am determined to do so now.  So I opened it for the first time in ages the other night only to find I have a problem.  Photoshop will close whenever I hit Open to open an images.  I can however bring an image in through Bridge.  So I did that and worked with no problems for maybe an hour and a half but when I went to Save As the finished project, PS froze.  The save window opened but as soon as I tried to select anything within the window such as change file folder or file type it would freeze.  In both cases my only recourse was to go to task manager and kill Photoshop and lose all my work.  Has anyone seen this and could they make a suggestion as to what I might do to fix it.


Please forgive me that my first question to the group is a computer question but I am dead in the water.

 

Rich






__._,_.___

Posted by: bill hansen <billhansen2008@gmail.com>


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/




__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment