A

Sunday, September 8, 2013

RE: [photoshop-beginners] "Night background", daylight subject



Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted. I’m going to have to play with it a bit to get it just right, but that is what I wanted.

 

---Mike

 

 

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Swatzell
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2013 10:37 AM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] "Night background", daylight subject

 

 

Open your image in Photoshop.  Click on the black and white icon in the layers panel (create a new fill or adjustment layer).  Select ‘solid color’ and then select a ‘dark blue’ color.  Click ok.  The blue layer will now be visible.  Change the blend mode to “multiply”.  Adjust the layer opacity to your liking making sure it looks natural.   If you want to adjust objects to appear brighter you will need to have a layer mask on the blue layer.  White is visible black hides.  Use a soft black brush (set opacity of the brush to a fairly low level say 10% or so) and paint on the layer mask. 

 

Clay Swatzell

NAPP Member

http://cswatzell.com

 

Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.

-Pablo Picasso

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kjb_1611
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:38 AM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] "Night background", daylight subject

 

 

I am fairly new to Photoshop, probably have enough knowledge to graduate from Newbie to Beginner. I still don't understand things like masks and curves and I believe that's what I need now. I have a normal picture taken in the middle of the day and I want to have the whole photo look light night or twilight, but I want my subject to stay bright and in focus, I may even add a bokeh or depth of field blur to the background also, not sure, have to try each way. However, I have no clue how to pull this off. As some background, I was watching an old movie called South Pacific. They used the techniques of filming in broad daylight through some sort of filter so the whole thing looked like night, sort of a transparent blue/black. Then I saw a photo that was taken this way:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b613/1611kjb/LeerJetSimulator_zpsc07f5197.jpg

The photo was apparently done in a studio fashion with backlighting, front lighting, and either the lights down low or they may have used Photoshop themselves. In any event, I am trying to achieve the effects in this photo. How do I do that? I assume it's going to have some king of layers, the layers will have to be adjusted for the colors and then merged back together and I assume some kind of masking and/or curves to get the various types of lighting and shading as in the picture. I don't even know if there is a name for this process, but it is fairly common. Is there a tutorial or something that would explain how to do this? If not, what techniques do I have to learn to acheive this result?



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment