A

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

RE: [photoshop-beginners] Please Help Me Figure This Out CS5



There are a couple of ways to do this.  The easiest, for me, is to use Mini Bridge.  Open your first image by dragging it from Mini Bridge to Photoshop work area.  It will be ‘background’.  Click the lock icon and change it to layer 0 (you can rename it to layer 1 or whatever).  Go back to Mini Bridge and find your second image and drag it on top of the first image.  You can resize it when finished click the ‘check mark’ to confirm the placement.  The second image should now be open as another layer.

 

Clay Swatzell

NAPP Member

www.cswatzell.com

 

 

He who fears he shall suffer already suffers what he fears.

-Michel de Montaigne

 

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of athomemom56
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:15 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Please Help Me Figure This Out CS5

 

 

Hello All,
I am having such a hard time figuring out how to do a project in PSCS5. There is a technique I am trying to do that's on youtube. Heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI-9Mr7cLBY
In the beginning, Photoshop is opened up with two images being used. Image 1 or Layer 1 is a picture of a lady. Image 2 or layer 2 is a picture of a beach background. The problem is, the author of the video never explains how he got those two images to become layer 1 and layer 2. When I try to do this, I get my "lady" picture coming up as "Background" and ditto for my "beach" image.
I have viewed several videos, practiced on my own trying to do this to no avail. I decided to come here for help. I know the answer is probably very simple, but for a novice it's not simple. I did try to do it on my own before asking you all. For now, I am kind of self teaching myself and I am stuck.
Thanks All,
Barbra



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment