A

Sunday, April 7, 2013

[photoshop-beginners] CS6 Beginner 101

Hi All,
I am a newbie who received CS6 as a gift. The program appears to include many functions that would be helpful to me, but so far my limited abilities been restricted to a lot of hunt and peck attempts.
Is there a helpful Photoshop for dummies instruction that might be helpful for someone who is dyslexic?

I have successfully worked with CAD programs and Embroidery Digitizing software. However, this program's PREFERENCES set ups (beginner 101) has me confused.

How are templates set up?
I'd like to set up one template to automatically center my photos at x=0 and y=o (in inches...I don't relate to pixel sizing...yet).
Setting up "inches" hasn't been an issue, but maintained, centered alignment has been very frustrating...especially regarding layers that show all over the clip board! Just when I think I've got the photo centered something moves!

What is the rectangular frame that automatically appears centered on the photos all about?...Is that a preference setting too?

Is there a way to lock scaling ratios so that if an imported 3x4 photo can be resized (staying centered) to maybe 12"x16"? Typing in proportional dimensions threw off my centering...and left unaligned clip board layers(?) behind.

Importing and opening a .jpg is no problem, but after altering a .jpg with CS6, is there a way to save it as a .jpg? Among other things, I was hoping to be able to clean up photo images by removing backgrounds to use with my digitizing software. My ancillary programs do not recognize Photoshop's format (.ai or whatever it is). Is it necessary to print each manipulated photo and then scan back to a computer in order to save as .jpg, etc, or is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Does Illustrator strictly save PDF files? Will it save photo formats? If so, what preferences set up is necessary?
Sorry for asking elementary questions...

Thanks in advance for any help.
BetteMn






------------------------------------

Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
photoshop-beginners-digest@yahoogroups.com
photoshop-beginners-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
photoshop-beginners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment