A

Friday, September 30, 2011

[photoshop-beginners] Re: Saving File For Processing...Help

I did a youtube and figured out how to flatten the image, pretty simple...thanks.

--- In photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com, "athomemom56" <countrymama24@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Keep in mind, I am a true beginner, so when you say flatten, what does this mean. Also, am I correct in that the image needs to be saved as jpeg? I will google flatten...I have no idea what it means.
> Barbra
>
> --- In photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com, ggroess@ wrote:
> >
> > You need to flatten the image to save as JPG.
> > Save a copy of your image as a Tiff or PSD and then flatten and save as jpg.
> >
> > This will keep your layers file intact and allow you to use the jpg for other purposes.
> >
> >  
> > Greg Groess
> > greg@
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: athomemom56 <countrymama24@>
> > To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 9:11 AM
> > Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Saving File For Processing...Help
> >
> >
> >  
> > Good Morning Everyone,
> > I am learning PS on my own for right now. I am hiring a personal tutor to help me starting next week. In the meantime, I am going to learn things on my own also. I played around with taking a face out of one image and placing it in another, couldn't find a lot of good vidos on that one, if you know of some let me know. Now, I want to print that photo at a local store like Target etc. just to see how it looks. How do I save it. When I initially save it, it says .tif, shouldn't it be saved as jpeg for processing???
> > When I did a "file" "save as" "jpeg", the save box popped up and there is a yellow triangular box with an exclamation point in the middle...I took this as some type of warning that something is wrong, also I am wondering: Since I changed the faces, and there is a layer, and a background, which do I select when saving? I googled instructions, but it's very confusing. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barbra
> >
>


------------------------------------

Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
photoshop-beginners-digest@yahoogroups.com
photoshop-beginners-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
photoshop-beginners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment