A

Friday, October 15, 2010

Re: SCAM SPAM-----Re: [photoshop-beginners] Bad Moment!!!



Duh,  knowledge understand. I have heard this phrase before and in that context I know what it means. I guess I was trying to read something more into it than was there.
 Thanks to
David

This is being typed using Dragon Dictate.  Dragon Dictate allows you to talk and the computer to type your words as you speak. Any arrows, I will blame on the soft wear. ;-)

 Have a great day


On Oct 15, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Lin Hawkyard - Lorrequer Salukis wrote:

 

I don't know about being solely British but I believe its origins are Scottish - the common expression would be 'when pigs fly' - it is a figure of speach that describes the impossibility, or something that will never happen. Hence the comment made 'I sent her one of the pigs flying past my window'. Liken it to the expression 'when hell freezes over' if you will

Hope that helps with your confusion of the expression. .

Lin

--
Lin Hawkyard
Lorrequer Salukis, Beeton, Ontario, Canada
Website: Lorrequer |  Photography: Lorrequer at Smugmug






david wrote:
This must be a British thing or a young person's things because I sure don't understand it. I'm referring to the flying pig thing. Big grin
David

This is being typed using Dragon Dictate.  Dragon Dictate allows you to talk and the computer to type your words as you speak. Any arrows, I will blame on the soft wear. ;-)

 

On Oct 15, 2010, at 10:46 AM, mary orndorff wrote:

 

Thanks appreciated the pig thing.  It is a b... being targeted.



From: "geo_tan@o2.co.uk" <geo_tan@o2.co.uk>
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, October 15, 2010 10:54:33 AM
Subject: Re: SCAM SPAM-----Re: [photoshop-beginners] Bad Moment!!!

 



I sent her one of the pigs flying passed my window
in case she missed her flight.
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Motleyjust
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 3:23 PM
Subject: SCAM SPAM-----Re: [photoshop-beginners] Bad Moment!!!

 

I also got this message addressed to myself not through this group.

 
 
motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: mary orndorff <nmomno2000@yahoo.com>
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
Sent: Fri, Oct 15, 2010 4:00 am
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Bad Moment!!!

 
I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,We came down here to England  for a short vacation and i was mugged at gun point last night,at the park of the hotel where we lodged all cash,creditcards and cell were stolen off me, thank God we have our life and passport.

I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all,they asked us to wait for 3weeks but we can't wait till then. Our flight leaves in less than 4hrs from now and we are having problems settling the hotel bills.

The hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the hotel bills.you can speak with him through this number  +447024086282 or +447024058752 his name is Richards James. we are freaked out at the moment,you can wire the money to me through westernunion all you need is Name on my passport and location below

Receivers Name:Mary Orndorff
Location:32 Hill Street Mayfair, London W1J 5NB United Kingdom
Amount:$2,450

I'll def refund your cash as soon as i get home.


Reply










__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment