A

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Some questions on photoshop upgrades



So far it's not a bad program in speed but I was a little stunned that such common brands such as my Cannon camera has no downloads (drivers to unload my camera) that are compatible with vista. I finally figured out to just remove the memory card from my camera and download to my computer directly from that but it's a PITA.

Kathryn & Robert Coursey
http://community.webshots.com/user/ltlwolfr
In the Panhandle of Florida
eBay username is katcoursey
To join my yahoo chat group, just go to
 Hatchahaulics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
and tell me how you found us.
 
"My mind works like lightening....
One brilliant flash, and it's gone."
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Some questions on photoshop upgrades

 

I can sympathize with your problems with Vista.  I you can upgrade to Win7 it runs much better and is supposed to be able to run all the programs XP did.

motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley


-----Original Message-----
From: Kathryn Coursey <kathryn@coursey.org>
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, Jan 22, 2010 9:12 am
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Some questions on photoshop upgrades

 
I started out many years ago using photo suite 4 and loved it. I knew the program backwards and forwards and could do just about anything with it within a few minutes. VERY user friendly but like any great program, they upgraded it and it was like a whole new program. Just as I was starting to find old ways of working with my photos, my computer finally died of old age.
 
New computer uses windows vista and that has been an exercise in frustration with programs not being compatible. Photo suit had been discontinued and would not work on vista....
 
My husband had an old (but sealed, unused and properly licensed) Photoshop elements 2.0. I couldn't do much with it as it may as well have been written in Greek. I discovered some tutorials on YouTube and started figuring out a few features from those but it doesn't have all that I want. EBay has Photoshop elements 7 and I read some where that it can be used to upgrade to the CS series.
 
First question: Can elements 7 be used to upgrade to the CS series?
 
Does anyone know of tutorials that are user friendly in explaining how to use layers? I still haven't figured those out and I know that what I was doing in photo suite (saving cut out objects in .png format) is the same as what Photoshop calls layers.....
 
Ha! My family is groaning because I found the bloat and pucker tool and how to liquefy a photo to use those.....
 
I don't want to buy books for elements 7 if I can upgrade to the cs series. We have a local collage that has a class on cs 2 or 3 but I have to have the program to take the class.
 
What advice can ya'all give me?

Kathryn & Robert Coursey
http://community.webshots.com/user/ltlwolfr
In the Panhandle of Florida
eBay username is katcoursey
To join my yahoo chat group, just go to
 Hatchahaulics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
and tell me how you found us.
 
"My mind works like lightening....
One brilliant flash, and it's gone."



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ =========Members Map http://www.frappr.com/photoshopbeginners ========




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment