A

Monday, August 10, 2015

RE: [photoshop-beginners] Photo Light Tent Box



Hi Candace,
Do you take your photos using any natural/daylight
Babs

On Aug 10, 2015 9:55 PM, "'Candace' lettersmith@comcast.net [photoshop-beginners]" <photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Babs, I have a light cube and I find that it is only my lighting that is at issue. I have different backdrops (different colors of cloth) that I attach to the back of the cube. Put several different goose neck lights to shine on the bottom so that it is brighter. Maybe elevate the pillow on a something that won't show.

 

Candace

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2015 10:49 AM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Photo Light Tent Box

 

 

Hello,
I wanted to upload a photo and some info, but couldn't figure out how to...when I go to the "files" and "attachments" section, I don't see an option to add a file.

Okay, so I have been working on my white background issue.  A while back someone gave me a light tent cube or box (although it is too small for my subject).  I tried it out and wasn't happy with it, for one the backdrop was so wrinkled.  I took a chance and ironed it, and it didn't melt. Good!!
Anyway, I dug it out again and gave it another try. It does produce a very nice diffused white background and is pretty easy to use, Except...the bottom of the photo is always dark because I assume it's not getting the same lighting...it's placed on the floor or a table or the ground etc.
Does anyone use one of these tents? 
One solution I think is to suspend my item against the back of the tent, thus eliminating the dark floor, but I don't really want to have to add nylon or invisible thread to my pillows to suspend them. (I have tons of pillows to photograph).
Any tips for that dark bottom?

When I try to Photoshop a white background, I get jagged edges and the white is too harsh, not soft as in the tent box.  I am thinking the tent box is the solution, if I can just figure out the dark bottom.

BTW, I really, really do appreciate your patience and help.  I will be so happy when all of this is over and I have my products photographed and ready to sell online.

Thanks,

Babs




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com




__._,_.___

Posted by: countrymama24@aol.com


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/




__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment