A

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Re: [Adobe_Photoshop_Techniques] Horizontal Extension Arm for Tripod

 

In my experience, tripod extension arms don't work so well, as they cause the tripod to be out of balance.
If you are shooting straight down, a camera stand is much better....but if you are avoiding buying anything, then
Perhaps you can make something....
As far as shadows. I am not sure what you are shooting, but I have found that a few reflectors can lessen shadows
It also depends on how much effort you are willing to put into the shoot. And what you your final product needs to be. 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 6/14/2015 5:51:58 AM
Subject: [Adobe_Photoshop_Techniques] Horizontal Extension Arm for Tripod
 
 


Hello,

I am still trying to sort out how to eliminate shadows in my product photography.  In the meantime, I have decided to purchase a horizontal extender arm so I can do overhead photography.  I currently own a Sunpak 6600pg tripod (not very high end), I use a Canon Rebel Xti camera and I own Photoshop CS5.

I am having a problem figuring out which one to purchase and if they are compatible with my tripod.  I have looked at several including the ones by Photek.  When I read the descriptions and reviews, there's a lot of technical information stating I might need "extra" attachments and accessories to make the arm work on a tripod.

I really don't want to order this gadget and have to send it back.  Does anyone know how to tell if it is compatible.  I placed a call to B&H Photo and the guy on the phone said they didn't have one that would work with my tripod.

I also don't want to have to purchase a new tripod if at all avoidable.

I watched some Youtube videos on these extension arms and even found 2 DIY ones (not sure if I want to try that yet). 

My Sunpak tripod has the ability to point completely downward, BUT, it has no extension and what ends up happening is the bottom portion of my tripod legs are in the way and get shown in the photo.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, I would be ever so grateful.

Warm Wishes,

Barbra Ann

 


 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "bobby_groups@bobk.us" <bobby_groups@bobk.us>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment