A

Saturday, May 30, 2015

[photoshop-beginners] Shadows in Photo



Hello,
First let me say I am an amateur.
I am trying to start a small business and I am selling home decorating items.  I tried to take a photo to put up on my website and have used so much time, energy, and finances to figure it all out.  I have tried DIY photo tents, purchased photo cube, diffusing with a white sheer curtain, watched numerous video tutorials and I still cant figure it out.
I am trying to photograph a throw pillow, with a white background.  I am using a tri-fold cardboard with some white fabric ( I have muslin and duck canvas) as the background.
This works just fine.  I have the tri-fold sitting on top of a table with the pillow lying against it.  It is facing a large patio window so plenty of light. 
Okay...here goes....the photo comes out nice and well lit, BUT at the bottom of the photo (where the fabric flows out, it is a darker shade, almost a grayish white, while the rest of the photo is nice and white.
What am I doing wrong. Is this happening because the light is hitting the bottom differently that the other part...
I'm spending so much time getting the photo right (literally months).
If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.  I have a picture I can send if you want a visual of what I'm trying to explain as I don't know if I am allowed to post pictures.
AND...I have even purchased and used a gray card. 
Thanks so much,
Barbra Ann




__._,_.___

Posted by: countrymama24@aol.com


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/




__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment