A

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Insight on calibration



ColorMunki may set the color space, but not all monitor calibration packages do that. Spyder3Pro and Psyder4Pro, for example, do not set color space.


Adobe RGB is not for "low resolution". It's a *wider* gamut than sRGB - displays more colors. That won't show up on a monitor, because the color gamut of monitors is narrower than that of prints. For non-critical viewers, the difference between a print made with sRGB and one made with Adobe RGB might not be noticeable. However, if you're interested in the best print results, shooting and printing with Adobe RGB will give you smoother gradation of colors, and more accurate colors. For some images, the difference quite dramatic in the final print.


Bill Hansen



---In photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com, <dougyelmen@...> wrote :

it's more complicated that i let on, and i certainly haven't tamed it. but here goes. one needs to use hardware like ColorMunki Photo (that's the correct spelling). and that will set your color space. Most people use Adobe (1998) RGB. Adobe sRGB is supposed to be for computers screens and low resolution. it just gets more complicated from here.

doug
On Feb 18, 2015, at 11:55 AM, Rob Richardson CedricCicada@... [photoshop-beginners] <photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


That sounds like what happens if you use the Adobe sRGB color space.  I forget what the name is of the color space that most browsers use, but I usually keep PS on that color space.  I don't know enough about the reason to use Adobe sRGB to use it intelligently.

Good luck!

RobR

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:15 PM, greg@... [photoshop-beginners] <photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Friends - 

I recently upgraded to PS CC and a new IMac 27 that I'm using to process images. I take all my images in RAW, process with my choice plug ins and they look fantastic on my screen!!! Yay! Then, I downsize and convert to jpeg and send to my phone or Facebook. YUK! They desaturated and sort of washed out. 


Does anyone have any insight as to how I can get my images to look good on my phone like they do in full resolution? 


Greg (Austin)






Douglas Yelmen

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand and Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour." 
? William Blake



__._,_.___

Posted by: billhansen2008@gmail.com


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/




__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment