A

Monday, September 23, 2013

RE: [photoshop-beginners] question...needing advice



I would first ask you “why” you want to flatten an image, it can’t be undone afterwards, it’s a destructive action (e.g., it changes your original). If you save your work as any format like JPG or PNG, that will automatically be flattened. However, things happen that require you to flatten an image, so in CS6 or CC you right-click on any layer, including the background layer and the option to flatten is on the context menu that appears.

 

If you need to learn the basics of CS5, there’s a fellow that wrote a series of 29, 5-10 minutes long videos, that you can watch in any order and get some very helpful advice. I watched a lot of videos on the web and some were helpful and some were not and nothing was ever all in one place. At least for beginners, this is a very helpful one stop shop and the beginner videos are free.

 

http://psd.tutsplus.com/sessions/photoshop-basix/

 

---Mike

 

 

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Susan Maskin
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 6:53 AM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] question...needing advice

 

 

I used to work on CS2  on my main computer but Adobe withdrew support.

 

I bought  a lap top with CS 5 installed. Truthfully, I could do more with CS2, odd as that

sounds, but certain things I am not yet able to do in making my designs.  I guess I have

to work at it more.

 

Anyway, one problem I have is that I do NOT know how to flatten images. I looked for

that on "level" where it was on CS 2 but can't find it. Perhaps it is called something else.

I went to help and typed in"flatten image" but the search turned up nothing.

 

The only adaptation I could figure out was to save the image on the desktop and reload it.

 

I have the feeling I will be asking lots of questions as I go along, but this is the only

one for now.

 

I appreciate any advice you can give to me.

 

Susan

 

 



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment