A

Monday, August 26, 2013

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text



I cannot get this to work correctly so I am trying a work around...It did help some when I did the text box correctly...thanks for trying this..it has let me know it is possible. I will try a small portion from notepad as you did and see if that works for me.        Thanks.            Nancy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 2:30 AM
Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

It was not a problem with pasting text, apparently there is a size limit for pasting a single line of text. I had a small paragraph from the site she mentioned. It would not paste. I finally learned about the text box, and it pasted just fine.  Afterwards, I pasted the text into Notepad, from there I copied a small portion, and it pasted correctly. I started copying larger, and larger sections of the text and pasting them. I worked fine for a while, but I finally reached a size where it would not paste properly. This was not a rigorous test, so I cannot tell you how many characters a single line supports, `nor whether font size has any impact. That research is for another day J

JohnW

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Swatzell
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:27 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

I must be something with a setting.  I got the copy and paste to work with CS5 (non Extended version), CS6 (Extended), and CC.  I no longer have anything older than CS5 installed so I can't check any further back than CS5.

Clay Swatzell

NAPP Member

http://cswatzell.com

Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.

-Pablo Picasso

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Beauregard Waller
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:22 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

It is not the generator, after all, as far as I can tell, you are just copying text.  I tried the site and fount the same problem, BUT, I also created a long line of text in Notepad and tried copying it, same problem. It apparently is an issue with long text. One solution that does work: Select the text tool, move over your page, press the left button down, keep it down and drag it out. You will be creating a text box, and you can successfully paste the text in the box.  Once it is in, you can them manipulate the text and box to get what you want.

JohnW

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nancy Halsey
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:38 AM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 



I have determined there must be a problem between http://ipsum-generator.com/ and my photoshop...If I try to use transform, a window comes up that says there is nothing to transform. I can copy and paste into my email from the generator and I can type in photoshop. I just cannot connect directly into photoshop. Will someone else try that generator and see if they can paste it into photoshop?                       Nancy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:35 AM

Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

I would second that suggestion.

Clay Swatzell

NAPP Member

http://cswatzell.com

Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.

-Pablo Picasso

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of broodmare1
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:48 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

Nancy...maybe send me the native file if it's not too big? Having the file on front of us might be easier to solve the problem... :) horse@310enterprises.com. thanks


-------- Original message --------
From: Nancy Halsey <halsey@gwi.net>
Date: 08/24/2013 10:24 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text




I have checked all those things except I am unsure what you mean about double clicking on the text icon..are you talking about in the tool box or in the layer pallet? I am trying to do this tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XElUS201fM8 and am stuck when I have generated the text and have pasted it into the layer pallet, I cannot not see it..using black on a white background...have tried multiple sizes of text.                   Nancy

----- Original Message -----

From: JoeT

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

double click on the text icon.  should highlight the text.  check that the color box at the top is not the same as the background.  Check to see if the font size is correct.  Make sure the text layer is the top layer,

From: Nancy Halsey

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:12 PM

Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text







I have tried several sizes..4-18 and I still cannot see it...I am copying and pasting from the ipsum generator

(ttp://ipsum-generator.com/ if that makes any difference which I do not see why it would.          Nancy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:07 PM

Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

The first thing is to make sure your text isn't larger than your text box.

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nancy Halsey
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:06 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Help with seeing text

 

I am hoping someone can help me... I have a text field..but when I type, the text doesn't show. If I exit the field, the title is in my layers panel that I typed but I cannot see the text. I am typing in black on a white background. Can anyone tell me what is wrong that I cannot see the text. I am ready to have a breakdown I am so frustrated.                     Nancy Halsey



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment