A

Thursday, May 23, 2013

RE: [photoshop-beginners] Old Negatives



The scanner I used was an Epson V500 Photo.  I think I bought it as a refurbished unit from the Epson website.  Good luck.  Wish I could tell you how to use Photoshop to convert them from a negative to a positive, but Photoshop just boggles my mind. 

 

Jed

 

 


From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jed
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:40 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [photoshop-beginners] Old Negatives

 

 

Phillip,

 

I scanned about 2 thousands of my fathers old negatives.  I believe the scanner was an Epson.  I’ll get the model number for you.  It was recommended to me by Pixels in Sandy, Utah.  It wasn’t very expensive if I remember; only around $100.  I think I used ViewNX to convert them to a positive image, and then adjusted the color, etc. 

 

I’ll look for the scanner, and get more information for you.

 

 

Jed

 

 


From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Richardson
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:31 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Old Negatives

 

 

Some scanners have lights on their lids so they can shine light through negatives.  Those usually also have the ability to convert the resulting image to a positive image.  If your scanner doesn't have a backlight, then I don't think you'll be able to do it.  

 

RobR, owner of several hundred 35-mm negatives and a scanner that can't handle them.

 

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Phillip <pvcrmanb@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi all,
I found some old negatives that I would like to develop.
I do have a scanner, and I was wonder if Photoshop or some
other program, has a way to develop a picture from a scan?
Phillip



------------------------------------

Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    photoshop-beginners-digest@yahoogroups.com
    photoshop-beginners-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    photoshop-beginners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

 



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment