A

Thursday, November 29, 2012

RE: [photoshop-beginners] Problem with Photoshop CS2



If you have not done it, I would suggest rebooting your machine and open ONLY PS and then try it. It is possible that because of other programs, some of your  ram is used up, or broken up into enough non-contiguous pieces that it cannot handle the job.  Ultimately, the best solution is to start saving up for a Windows 64-bit system where you can have anywhere from 16 gb of ram to 32 gb of ram which would eliminate this issue entirely J 3.2 gb is not a lot of ram for PS. But a  reboot straight into PS may help.

 

With regards to contributing to this group, do not forget that others will have similar problems.  If you present a problem and we can solve it, it will help others as well. The group is not here to just provide answers, it is here to get answers. We all learn from trying to answer another’s question, so do not be shy……

 

JohnW

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Stan
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:17 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Problem with Photoshop CS2

 




  I wish that I could contribute to this group but unfortunately my knowledge of Photoshop is not that great. It seems that I’m constantly struggling whenever I try something new.

 I created an action where I put my name at the bottom of an  image and now want to run a batch process on a number of images. I start the process and get about 7 images done when I get a pop up stating "could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)".

 I'm using Windows XP Pro with 3.25 GB Ram. My C drive has 74GB of free space. I created a similar action a few months back and  had no problems with it, but  I had to recreate the action again because not thinking ahead,  I erased it.   

  Any suggestions what might be causing the problem.

 Thank-you in advance

 

Stan

 






__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment