A

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Was this a bad choice??



Hey G-Bear ...
As an old retired guy, here in central florida that uses CS5 (PS 12.1) , the group is interesting but not very active.
There are 3500+ members but the messages last year averaged 2.7 a day or 82 per month. Thats about 0.02 messages/member/month.  I doubt if that would be called "active" in anyone's book.  But ... as beginners and those that help beginners we are proud of who we are and what we do.
No one likes all aspects of a group and I am part of that "no one". This is a PHOTOshop group but we can't post Photos inline... kinda like being in a auto-mechanics group and can't mention wrenches.
The work you demonstrated with the GrandPa photo was impressive, and the communication of how you accomplished the effect is exactly what we are about.... Learning.
Do you do your own photography?  I use PS on my own Photo work and find it to be a huge learning curve. Your experience could be a tremendous asset to the group.

rj
=========


GryBear wrote:
I was hoping to find an active interesting group here. Was I mistaken.  My post was either rejected or ignored - my photo album may have been out of line - but I am still interested in some kind of comunication from the group - tell me to take a hike or change my ways - but email me some thing. I have just started working the lessons in Photoshop7 class room in a book I know this is old stuff for some but it sure is good for me to learn so much I had not learned while working with Scott Kelbys book & tutorials. Got the book from Amazon -$4.25 with shipping & handling -  never been used - the CD was still sealed. Also bought one call "Learn to do everything in Photoshop7 - I am going to finish the class room book before I get involved with this one.  Any one have any experiance with either of these book. Harvey    ------------------------------------  Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ Yahoo! Groups Links  <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/  <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional  <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photoshop-beginners/join     (Yahoo! ID required)  <*> To change settings via email:     photoshop-beginners-digest@yahoogroups.com      photoshop-beginners-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com  <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     photoshop-beginners-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/   


__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment