A

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RE: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Line around face



When I want to lighten or darken a portion of the photo I typically create a new layer (fill with a neurtal color 50% gray and in overlay mode).  I then apply burn or dodge.  Burn would darken, dodge lighten.  I would not burn or dodge at 100%.  I ususally use something somewhere around 10-15%. 

 

Doing this the way you did can, as you found out, cause a distint line. 

 

From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vega_mite
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:03 PM
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Line around face

 

 

Hi
I used the brightnes and contrast tool and didnt alter it by much.

--- In photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com, "Clayton Swatzell" <photoguyinmo@...> wrote:
>
> After you selected the face what tool(s) did you use to "darken" the face.
> This could be the key to the cause of the visible 'line'. If it is not too
> overexposed I would think using a bit of the burn tool on a new layer would
> 'fix' it.
>
>
>
> From: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vega_mite
> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 8:52 PM
> To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Line around face
>
>
>
>
>
> I had a photo with two people in it. The face of the person in the
> foreground was too lit up and needed to be darkened slightly. I went around
> the face with the magnetic selection tool and darkened the face.
> I then deselected the face. The photo looked great on my computer but I
> printed it out in A3 mind you and the face was outlined by the selection
> tool. You could see a definate line around the face.
> What went wrong?
> Thanks for your help.
> Iris
>
Hi
I used brightness and contrast and I didn't alter it by much at all



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment