A

Monday, January 30, 2012

RE: [photoshop-beginners] photo editing & manipulating



For better <I think> or worse, Photoshop is still the standard to which every other editing software is compared.  It is a complex program with very powerful tools.  Each should be explored fully and added to your workflow when necessary. 

To me there are very few images that follow a prescribed workflow that automation can handle. 

As for the film process people...I am one..I taught darkroom in both Color and Black & White.  I can tell you that I can do more in Photoshop than I ever could in the darkroom.  For instance; If I do not like the exposure I can adjust it to a great extent.  In film days I had to re-shoot, re-process, and re-proof. today I can edit a layer; and if I do not like the results I throw it away. The only thing I have lost is some time and some very annoyed electrons.

The issues with Digital are the same as they were in the darkroom only the tools to fix the problems have changed.  Color balance, lighting, and tonality are all still problems today just as they were 25 years ago.  Only today instead of working to get better at those things many just say "Ahhh, I'll just fix it in Photoshop."
 
Greg Groess greg@curvemeister.com


__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment