A

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Film & digital editing




    I agree Harvey
, I got my first SLR back .... hmmmm .... long time ago .... right around when Noah did the ark parking, I think.
I retired several years ago and was lucky enough to get a do-nothing week-end job at a private school and meet the Visual Arts teacher.  He has been kind enough to teach me a few basic things about Photography, my Digital SLR, and about PS.  I have yet to take a perfect photo. My keeper shots are in RAW format and are loaded into CS5 where they are easily manipulated with approx 55 choices of slid bars.  I too have discovered that while "AUTO" is convenient and sets the camera to what the factory programmer thinks will be a good shot, sometimes the programmer and I disagree with what the photo needs and I must set the camera to my specifications or change the photograph via PS.
One thing I think is significant in the learning process is; camera study, review, whatever you want to call it is best done at home, in the classroom, etc. When I am in the field and with an experienced photographer, I find that since that special photo is sometimes a fleeing moment, they will take little time to teach.  They don't seem to mind instructing you on the specific camera settings ... set your speed to this, and set your balance to this, and shoot in apt mode etc but they will not show you where, on your camera, those settings are, even if your cameras are alike. Field trips with classroom or photo club participants are a gold mine. "Have you tried this...", or "I found that if you do this...", or "how do you set that...", are some repeated phrases in those learning sessions.
 — - - just like we're doing here :o)  .
rj

GryBear wrote:

\/\/\/\- snip -/\/\/\/
Now I had trouble with all the dials and settings on a film SLR I sure have to keep my manuel handy with my FZ18 -to keep from shooting everthing in "Smart Auto" mode. What is am saying is I do take all my keeper shots into PS and do a few things with each one. sharpen, contrast to 18% and maybe levels. I find no matter how good the photo these always help.    Harvey                                                                               


__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment