A

Monday, January 9, 2012

Re: [photoshop-beginners] colors



OK, one useful piece of information I got in Photoshop is when I attempted to make a test page I could print out, I chose all the pure RGB values and put a block of each on the drawing. So RGB value of pure 255, 0 , 0 and the little triangle warning came up and said "Color out of gamut for printing".

So does that mean an ink jet printer which is most likely (CMYK) cannot print out the pure colors of red, yellow and blue, if they are specified in RBG?

I did an official Epson test page  (workforce 1100) and it seems to print the colors correctly but when I try to print from MS word, or Framemaker or Photoshop CS3, it doesn't print pure colors.

Also, if I make a new drawing and I try various color management options, often the background of the drawing, which is supposed to be pure white, is light blue or tan.





On 1/8/2012 4:12 PM, SueK wrote:
 

Does anyone know of a book that might explain how Photoshop CS3 works with colors? I'm SO frustrated. My Epson printer is printing my brown tree as deep green. I've tried everything. I'm going mad...




__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment