A

Friday, November 5, 2010

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Prepare for print question



Hi Tony:

You can do that by following these instructions:


However, if you do that, make sure that you name the file something new, like the name of the lab. Also, since chemistry changes and the lab may not be constantly calibrating and profiling, this might not be the best approach.

Instead of that workflow, I recommend just doing a test print using a standard image and evaluating how you can make some corrections based on the lab's output. Then make those corrections prior to sending the files to the lab. I have a short article on the topic here:


and here is a more thorough article with extra tips:


Hope that helps,

Andrew

Andrew Darlow
Editor, The Imaging Buffet
Author, 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques:
An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers - http://www.inkjettips.com
and
Pet Photography 101: 
Tips for Taking Better Photos of Your Dog or Cat - http://www.PhotoPetTips.com



On Nov 5, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Tony wrote:

 

Hi All

I hope I am asking this question correctly, I am using PSCS3 and was told
that when I send out my photos to be printed that I should "convert the
file to the printers profile" that I am sending it to. I have the printer
profile installed on my PSCS3 and was wondering if this information I got
about "convert to profile" is the correct thing to do before sending the
file on to be printed.

Any help is appreciated.




__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/



Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment