A

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Re: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Some questions on photoshop upgrades



I have tried Gimp.  It doesn't have some of the things I use a lot. 

motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley


-----Original Message-----
From: Joe T <joseph.tansey@gmail.com>
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, Jan 24, 2010 12:20 pm
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Some questions on photoshop upgrades

 
Why not try Gimp?  It is free open source and has much the same capabilities of PS.  And it is not easy either.

Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Some questions on photoshop upgrades

I used PS7 for a long time. I've used the newer CS versions.Some photo fixing, but mostly for postwork for 3d graphic renders and making original art.  I am currently using a demo of PSE8 and it seems to have everything I need, they just have different names and are in different places.  Things that are in Filters and some in Image in PS are in Enhance in PSE8. PSE8 doesn't seem to have Actions (or maybe I just haven't found it), but I never used it that much.
 
For people who are trying to decide which to buy, I suggest going to adobe.com and downloading the demos. They only have the newest ones there, but I got a couple of older ones in some back issues of magazines I had. If you use one for it's 30 day trial before starting on the next for it's 30 days, you can use the various different ones for several months and get a good idea of the different features. 

motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley
 


-----Original Message-----
From: Kathryn Coursey <kathryn@coursey.org>
To: photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, Jan 24, 2010 8:20 am
Subject: Re: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Some questions on photoshop upgrades

 
I did wonder about that but I think the PSE will have all that I need/want if I can just figure out how to work the program. The PSE 2.0 has almost all that I am used to using, and a few more that I am finding a delight to use, just seems to take more steps than I am used to and figuring out the exact steps is difficult without some one to show me.

Kathryn & Robert Coursey
http://community.webshots.com/user/ltlwolfr
In the Panhandle of Florida
eBay username is katcoursey
To join my yahoo chat group, just go to
 Hatchahaulics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
and tell me how you found us.
 
"My mind works like lightening....
One brilliant flash, and it's gone."
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 5:28 AM
Subject: [photoshop-beginners] Re: Some questions on photoshop upgrades

 
It was probably PS 7 as the upgrade path, not PSE 7.
Paulette

--- In photoshop-beginners@yahoogroups.com, "Kathryn Coursey" <kathryn@...> wrote:
>
> What I bought was elements 7 and read on an auction for a CS upgrade that 7 or above was required. I'm thinking though, that the elements 7 may have all that I need. Right now I am discovering things in the 2.0 that I am having a blast with but I still am not understanding how to work the layers and some of the tools. Layers I definitely have to figure out.
>



__._,_.___


Please check out our sister group, attachments allowed-Photoshop by Example http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ps-by-ex/ =========Members Map http://www.frappr.com/photoshopbeginners ========




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment