A

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

[APS] performance

 

have a PC using XPpro with 4gb ram installed. I have cs3 but am about to upgrade to 4. Something that I have been unclear of is the amt of ram to make available. PS says that on this machine I have 1718, though I have 4gb installed.

Yeah I know about the max amt of ram that a pc and early macs can actually utilise being 3.25 which is what shows in my 'system' details.

Preferences > performance says the ideal amt to allocate is 944-1237. So I'm wondering if there is some way to get it to utilise more of what i have. And in any case will increasing the amt available above 1237 make a difference? I.

Also wondering if hooking up those unused 80gb hd's to use as computing space would help.

Thanks
Perry

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment